I determined a few years ago that I was getting too old to host and code. But with the recent privacy issues in the headlines seemingly every day I have revisited the idea. I've recently acquired a domain with which I hope to host all of my own most used web services such as cloud storage and office, email, and public gallery to name a few. I also hoped to find a messenger and social network, too. I think, after looking at several, that I have settled on #movim for these. I found some that I like but none that are as nice and versatile as movim. I'm stoked! I hope to have my own instance up within the next couple of months. This is a busy time of year for me in the real world. So, my digital aspirations will have to take a back seat for the moment.
We first worked on cleaning up and stabilizing the #dependencies of Movim. The outdated heyupdate/emoji was replaced by a wonderful pull request by mirabilos that add support of emojis directly inside Movim.
On my side I replaced ramsey/uuid with a simple internal function and worked on upgrating reactphp/http to their latest release with the help of WyrilHaximus, which also helped to release the v0.4.0 of reactphp/zmq that contains some important fixes for Movim.
The template engine of Movim, RainTpl was also stabilized to the latest release.
Natureshadow also made a really nice pull request to prepare the Debian package and fixe a couple of small bugs regarding URL handling inside the project.
All those dependencies will soon be packaged and integrated in Debian.
On top of that I worked a few hours yesterday on the optimisation of the #database requests by using some memory caching and Eloquent eager loading to prefetch some extra information when querying resources in the DB. This reduces the time spent to generate the pages and contents by more than 50 to 75% in some cases! It can especially be noticed on the Chat page and Contacts page.
That's all folks!
Zwischendurch habe ich dem @edhelas noch neuen Emoji-Code geschrieben, das hat leider auch länger gedauert als gehofft, tut aber super, erspart uns eine Abhängigkeit (gut, die zu paketieren hätte weniger lange gedauert), fixt aber direkt ein paar Bugs mit. #Movim
Jetzt befinde ich mich noch in einer Prügelei mit C++ (irgendwie funktionieren da NULL-Pointer nicht so richtig…) wegen des Absturz-Bugs in MuseScore… aber das sollte auch zu schaffen sein (im Moment mache ich es „halt anders“) #MiniDebconf
Nur mit dem WLAN hapert’s was, aber das liegt scheints an der doofen WLAN-Karte in meinem Laptop :|